What is the Forensic Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (FCAMHS) South West (South)?
We are a specialist team that cover Somerset, Devon and Cornwall with strong links across agencies in all regions that support existing mental health and welfare services for children and adolescents.
Who is FCAMHS for?
FCAMHS works with young people up to the age of 18 who have complex mental health problems and one of the following:
- are presenting with a high level of risk towards themselves and others
- are currently accommodated within secure services
- either have a forensic history or are at risk of involvement with criminal justice services
- have complex multi-agency involvement
What do we do?
As a team we offer:
- advice and signposting
- direct assessments
- evidence-based interventions for high risk young people
- links with the national FCAMHS framework
Who can refer and how do they do that?
Any professional involved with children meeting the inclusion criteria can contact the service. This will include (but is not exclusive to):
- locality CAMHS
- education providers
- police and the criminal justice service
- youth offending teams
- substance misuse services
- social care
Referrals will be via the Somerset Single Point of Access.
Telephone: 0300 1245012