Information held about you
We are committed to safeguarding your information. In order to provide library services to you, it is necessary for the Library and Knowledge Service (LKS), Musgrove Park Hospital to collect and hold personal information about you. We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary, as outlined in our record retention schedules. This information will include:
- name, work and home addresses, academic institution, telephone numbers, email addresses
- records of items you have borrowed
- any charges incurred
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Set up your library account so you can use the library facilities
- Assign you an appropriate borrower type
- Send you information relating to your account, e.g. notifications about requested or overdue items
- Send you information related to relevant current awareness /new publications in your field of practice
- Help you with any Open Athens (OA) related queries. We may from time to time use your OA details to communicate with you about training on OA resources or to highlight new resources we have purchased or OA downtime
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with partner organisations, including our website, KnowledgeShare, NICE and Library Management Systems suppliers, but this will only be in the context of administering the system. We may share your information with another LKS team if you move organisation.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent; however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public, safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations.
Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
Accuracy of your information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records. You can request changes by contacting us on (01823) 342433.
We will from time to time contact you to ensure your details are up to date.
We work closely with the Information Governance team for both TST and Sompar to ensure we comply with GDPR 2018.
Please contact Information Governance on any issues related to GDPR or for more information see contact details below.
Health Records & Information Governance Manager / Data Protection Officer