You are entitled to join the Library & Knowledge Services if you are:
- Employed by the NHS or delivering NHS care
- Hospice staff
- South Western Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust staff
- A student on placement with Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, St Margaret’s Hospice (Taunton) or South West Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- GPs, practice staff, bank and voluntary staff
- Social care staff working with healthcare teams
- Staff from other NHS organisations in the South.
The library you choose to join will depend on your location in Somerset.
If you meet the criteria above and you are:
- Working or living closer to Taunton – join the Library Service, Musgrove Park Hospital
- Working or living closer to Yeovil – join the Academy Library, Yeovil Hospital
The service you receive will be the same regardless of your home library location.
The library is accessible to ALL students on placement across Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, St Margaret’s Hospice (Taunton) and South West Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust.
University of Bristol medical students have access straight out onto the university network from within the library at Musgrove where there is also Eduroam WiFi available using your normal University of Bristol login.
PC and Wifi access are also provided at Cheddon Lodge library.
Members of South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust are welcome to join the library, use the facility and take out books.
Resources and current awareness services for ambulance staff are provided centrally through the Discovery Library at Plymouth. For more details visit: https://discoverylibrary.org/swasft/
The library is primarily a service for NHS staff. While they cannot join as members, patients, carers, visitors and the general public are welcome to visit the library during normal staffed hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. For more information visit our patient information page.