Patients, carers, visitors and the general public can visit the library during normal staffed hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Signpost you to high quality, reliable health information on the internet.
- Give you access to our books and journals for reference (not lending) purposes
- Offer a quiet place to sit
- Offer Wifi access on your own devices.
- We encourage all patients to join the Public Library
- ebooks and audiobooks from the Public library are accessible for free and can improve your mental wellbeing
For more information, please contact the library team on
Knowledge for Healthcare is Health Education England’s (2015) strategic development framework for NHS library and knowledge services in England. It sets out their commitment to helping ensure all staff and learners, patients and the public can access and use the best knowledge and evidence available for learning, research, innovation and clinical and organisational decision-making in healthcare, wherever and whenever they need it.