The Library & Knowledge Services is situated in the Musgrove Academy and is signposted from the concourse (opposite M&S).
We are primarily a service for NHS staff, healthcare students on placement and the wider Somerset healthcare community.
However, patients, carers, visitors and the general public can visit us during normal staffed hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Signpost you to high quality, reliable health information on the internet. Click here for more information
- Signpost you to freely available health research resources
- Give you access to our books and journals for reference (not lending) purposes, though these are primarily aimed at healthcare staff/students
- Provide a stock selection of the Reading Well Books on prescription titles for well-being and dementia. Click here for information
- Offer a quiet place to sit
- Offer Wifi access on your own devices.
For more information, please contact the library team on
Knowledge for Healthcare is Health Education England’s (2015) strategic development framework for NHS library and knowledge services in England. It sets out their commitment to helping ensure all staff and learners, patients and the public can access and use the best knowledge and evidence available for learning, research, innovation and clinical and organisational decision-making in healthcare, wherever and whenever they need it.