This group is suitable for anyone whose main difficulty is struggling with excessive worrying.This group aims to help people to explore and manage symptoms of generalised anxiety and problematic worry using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy principles and techniques.This is an 8 week group that focuses on:
- Provide information on the nature of generalised anxiety
- Increase awareness of worry
- Help you recognise and overcome unhelpful responses to uncertainty
- Help you recognise and challenge their beliefs about worry
- Teach you coping strategies to help with worry.
You can expect warm welcome, friendly and supportive atmosphere. The group provides a non-judgmental and safe environment to learn and work on your problems in order for you to achieve your goals.
If you are interested in attending this group or would like more information you should consider referring yourself to Somerset Talking Therapies – Refer yourself.