Extreme concern about your body image and appearance is often known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD). BDD means you are genuinely convinced you have a physical defect or that you are ugly. Often you will find it difficult to tell others about your worries as you are fearful of what they might think.Common signs include:
- becoming very self-conscious about meeting other people
- worried others are judging you negatively because of your appearance.
- Spending long periods of time thinking about how you look
- Trying to hide how you look
- Frequently checking your appearance in a mirror
- Seeking reassurance
Talking Therapies can offer different types of therapy and support for these types of difficulties. To discuss how talking therapies might help you please – Refer Yourself and you will be contacted to arrange an initial First Appointment.