- Having unwanted images of the trauma (flashbacks)
- Having upsetting dreams about the trauma
- Feeling very distressed when you come across situations or feelings that remind you of the trauma.
- Losing interest in life being detached from others
- Avoiding anything to do with the trauma
- Feeling more tense, angry or irritable than usual,
- Not being able to sleep or concentrate
Different types of trauma can have different types of impact. It is often help to let someone know how you are feeling even if at this stage you do not want to talk about the details. This could be a friend, family, work colleague or G.P.
Talking Therapies can offer different types of therapy and support for these types of difficulties. To discuss how talking therapies might help you please – Refer Yourself and you will be contacted to arrange an initial First Appointment.