Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our Trust Vision is to be an organisation that gets it right for our patients, carers, colleagues and communities through an inclusive culture. This is underpinned by our core value of “working together.”
The Trust aims to get it right for the diverse communities of Somerset and beyond – and we want our services to serve, reflect and celebrate that diversity. We want everyone to feel that they belong and we want our services to be accessible to all who need them.
The Trust has signed up to the Somerset Equality Objectives, which we share with other health and social care organisations across Somerset. These are:
- Work with Communities to improve the opportunities for integration and cohesion.
- Improve public understanding of mental health.
- Work with the Gypsy and Traveller community to improve relationships.
- Create an Equality Working group for staff in the Public Sector in Somerset.
- Implement and review the Accessibility Information Standard to create consistency around its implementation.
Alongside this we have a Trust Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group which guides our inclusion work through an annual workplan.
Our key equality reports can be found below. (Some of these were published before the launch of the Somerset NHS Foundation Trust in April 2020, and are therefore the reports of the previous two Trusts.) For archived reports, please email email@example.com.