Our vision is to be an organisation that gets it right for our patients, carers, colleagues and communities through an inclusive culture of partnership, learning and continuous improvement.
The way that we work and our vision for our organisation is underpinned by our values – Outstanding care, Working together, Listening and leading. Our colleagues across all parts of our trust helped to develop these values and we use them in our work every day. Our values are at the heart of service planning, recruitment and the operational running of services for patients.
- We treat everyone with dignity, kindness and respect.
- We involve patients, relatives, carers and colleagues in decision-making.
- I ensure that my actions contribute to outstanding care, regardless of my role.
- I admit mistakes, apologise and learn from them.
- I champion the health, safety and wellbeing of patients, relatives, carers and colleagues.
- I speak up when others can’t.
- We’re at our best when we pull together and work as a team.
- Our success depends on our ability to work well with patients, colleagues, other teams, and outside organisations.
- I collaborate with others to achieve shared goals.
- I communicate clearly and appropriately.
- We work together to overcome challenges.
- I ask for help and always assist those in need.
- I thank colleagues for their contributions and celebrate shared successes.
- I use resources effectively, treating every £ as if it were my own.
Listening and Leading
- We’re all leaders, whether caring for patients, motivating colleagues or doing our job to the best of our ability.
- We seek to do the right thing and act as an example to others.
- We adapt to change.
- I lead with empathy, taking responsibility for how my emotions and actions affect others.
- I inspire others to embrace change, encouraging them to see their part in the bigger picture.
- I strive to be the best I can be.
- I value the opinions and contributions of colleagues, patients and others.
- I encourage innovation and am open to new ideas.
- I listen with interest and take action if I am able.