The department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is one of the dedicated head and neck surgical specialties providing diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of conditions affecting the head and neck, in particular diseases and conditions affecting the face, mouth, and jaws.
The range of work undertaken includes:
- surgical treatment of cancers affecting the mouth and jaws
- management of facial trauma and infections
- facial plastic surgery; in particular for the treatment of skin cancers affecting the head and neck,
- treatment of diseases and tumours of the salivary glands
- correction of facial deformity
- reconstruction of the bones and soft tissues of the face after injury or surgery
- surgical removal of teeth
- management of diseases affecting the jaw joints
- oral medicine
Patients are seen on referral by a healthcare professional- usually their GP or dentist. Please see our referral page for further information.
We provide clinics and some treatments in the following peripheral locations:
Bridgwater Community Hospital
Minehead Community Hospital
Musgrove Park Hospital
Yeovil District Hospital
Please note that not all services are available at each location.